Are you a Jordanian high school student who is interested in studying for one year in the United States? Then maybe the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program is for you! Applications are open now for the program here.
To apply, you must fit the following criteria:
- Must be born between February 15, 2004 and August 15, 2007
- Be between the ages of 15 to 18.5 by the start of the program (August 15, 2022)
- Be enrolled in a secondary school (Grade 9 or Grade 10) at the time of application.
- Have an overall grade of at least “B” (80%) without failing grades and a cumulative grade of “B+” (85%) or better in English for the past three years.
- Meet a minimum English proficiency requirement, which will be measured by a test.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a commitment to promoting cross-cultural understanding.
- Be a citizen of Jordan.
- Must not be a U.S Citizen or permanent residence or have been born in the United States.
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (for instance, U.S. citizens are not eligible for J-1 visa).
Remember: the YES program is open to all Jordanian students no matter where in Jordan they live.